Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Four Days

We returned home late Sunday night from our neighbor's Grill Breaking-In party and decided to see if there was any news from China. On checking the CCAA website I saw that they had finished their matching for August. Congratulations to the families that have log in dates of November 22, 23, 24 and 25, the four days that were processed in the last month.

I'll admit that I did have a breakdown; the first time I've shed tears quite so exuberantly over referral news and my eyes were still sore upon waking Monday morning. I know that any progress is progress and I need to keep happy thoughts in my head. I have not allowed myself to do any Kate shopping until we are less than 6 months from a referral and I'm just itching to buy something PINK!!! Perhaps maybe just a small something??

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Yvette, I'm sorry...it must get harder as you get closer. You're so close....hang in there, she's coming!!
Now go buy something PINK before I send you something!! (you are one self-controlled woman!!)
HANG IN THERE!! :D

Yvette said...

Thanks Lori! I think I've been "shopping" vicariously through your blog . . . you have accumulated such lovely things for your daughter! Upon seeing some of the dresses, sleepers, etc. that you have found, I've decided to wait until I stumble across something stunning for my first purchase for Kate.

Waldron said...

Hello my darling,
I too shed tears and wished that i could have held you in my arms. Never doubt yourself as a woman and Mom. You are the best!I have the most beloved children. Both with unfair blows to their lives. Yvette a great Mom who gave us our first and precious grandchild. Then John, his unexpected blows, yet his quiet manner and love of his boys keep him going. He has suffered like you, a heartbreak and costly loss. Stick together my darlings.
Upon the way my child will fall
You shed tears and then go on
The light and laughter in their eyes
Puts a stop to all your cries
Then they grow, these precious ones
You think of their lives when they were young
Life continues on it's path
But once again you are in the past
Because now, the tears last.