Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fabric and Bunnies


I do have fabric that I've had stashed away, but I thought I'd pull it out and try to figure out exactly how to use it in Kate's room. The toile-esque garden print is for a window treatment (probably a lovely topper of some sort). The multi-stripe is for a crib skirt. The tone on tone stripe originally had been purchased for bumper pads, but apparently the collective wisdom on bumper pads has changed since Alex was a babe. Pads are bad is what I've been reading, along with quilts and those wedgie-things that keep jr in one position during the night. So I'm a little torn about the TOT-stripe's purpose . . . perhaps some panels to accompany the header on the window? Or perhaps if I make a skirt with knife-pleats, use it as a contrasting inside the pleats fabric? Hmm.




The two bunnies were must have purchases ages ago with the hope that some day they could adorn a little lady's bedroom. I love the Degas quality of the little basket-holding girl bunny! And the cute little guy in coveralls . . .I think maybe he'll be given the task of displaying a photo of us holding Kate for the first time!



3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, love the little bunnies, VERY cute!!
I have some of that same toile fabric..it's so pretty and I love the three fabrics together, it's going to look beautiful, however you choose to use them!!
Have fun!
ps That's the first I've heard that about crib bumpers...interesting, I'll have to look into that.

Lori said...

Had to come back and look at all this prettiness!

3 Peanuts said...

Very pretty! I found your blog throught Lori's. We have a new daughter from China named Kate! Kate Emerson is her name and she has some pink toile in her room. Lovely blog:)

Kim