Monday, May 12, 2008

Fabulous Day!

We are officially a family of four in the eyes of the Chinese government. We spent the morning running around the city getting all the necessary forms filled out and pics taken to make her part of our family.

We had all sorts of smiles this morning as we got ready for breakfast. The plan was to meet our coordinator in the lobby to take care of some paperwork that we had to abandon yesterday afternoon.

As she and I walked into the lobby and saw Mary, our coordinator, Kate's grip on my hand increased to almost painful. She stayed glued to me, sitting on my lap while I signed all the forms. As we went around to the different offices she would walk in by our side (while holding our hands) and then would eagerly lead the way as we left, holding a hand and dragging us out. And she was so excited when we got back to the hotel at lunch time.

She's been all smiles and giggles, quite the change from yesterday afternoon. And we couldn't be happier!

Our computer situation here in Nanchang is not as relaxed as it was in Beijing. I can't post photos and I can't read comments. But we'll keep trying!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad that Min (Kate) is adjusting so well. It is so neat to read your accounts. Of course, my concern right now is the earthquake...which you made no mention of. Luckily, you are no longer in Beijing, but I'm not sure how far away you are. Hopefully, your next blog will assure us that everything is o.k.
Congratulations on the end of your journey!
Love,
Lisa

RuhmkeX5 said...

I am reading and weeping! A rough start to be sure but it sounds like today was oh so much better. We were concerned when we heard the news of the earthquake there this AM and are in prayer that you are all safe and that if you felt the shaking it did not rattle Kate anymore than not knowing she was getting a family (how sad). You all have so much love to share that her adjustment will blossom in the shadow of your hope and love. ((HUGS))
~Kimberly

The Segers said...

You, Kate and your family are in my thoughts and all the families affected by this terrible earthquake. Looking forward to an update on your blog and Megan can't wait to welcome Kate to the neighborhood.

stlmichelle said...

Thank you for sharing this amazing time. I can just picture the guys playing while you girls quietly watch and snoogle. Kate sounds like a sweet bunny. I am so glad she has your strong and loving arms around her. Love to you all. We pray you are safe and that you will be home soon. Michelle Tom and Em

stlmichelle said...

Thank you for sharing this amazing time. I can just picture the guys playing while you girls quietly watch and snoogle. Kate sounds like a sweet bunny. I am so glad she has your strong and loving arms around her. Love to you all. We pray you are safe and that you will be home soon. Michelle Tom and Em

stlmichelle said...

Thank you for sharing this amazing time. I can just picture the guys playing while you girls quietly watch and snoogle. Kate sounds like a sweet bunny. I am so glad she has your strong and loving arms around her. Love to you all. We pray you are safe and that you will be home soon. Michelle Tom and Em

fish said...

It's been so fun following your
blog. I was so happy to see that
your "threesome" is now a "foursome"! We have been thinking about all of you and
enjoyed following your journey.
Glad to hear things are going well
after a tearful 1st day.
Hoping all is well and you were
not affected by the earthquake.
Safe travels and enoy your
journey with your new daughter
"Kate" ( Min).
Safe return.
Love, Laurie

Daniel N Myers said...

My darling Babs,
My heart soared when I read "Fabulous Day!" Sunday's blog, plus the news out of China left us in a very low trough.
We cannot wait to have you, Alex, Kate and Phil home. Be prepared for a long phone conversation.
Love,
Mom and Dad

Lori said...

I'm glad things are going well for you all~ she sounds so precious and sweet and I'm sure she's over the moon with her new family. :)