Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Projects


Trying to keep up with our scrapbooks has been both a joy and a curse. I love the process and the finished product, but it just takes me so dang long to finish albums. I've decided on trying a new approach to the instant gratification that scrapbooking normally doesn't offer me: mini-albums. I love the idea of something more accessible to the kids and a project that may actually get finished up in a day or a weekend.



My first project wasn't for me, but a baby gift for a neighbor who is due any minute now. A simple baby book that she can update with photos monthly and has pockets for stashing any little things she may want to keep. I think it's cute and I love that I was able to finish it so quickly. Now to get some started for us!


4 comments:

stlmichelle said...

Great strategy. Your work always looks so terrific. Go Hokies? Hope you guys get to the game today.

The Source said...

I wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm always glad to meet new people. I've been married to a fireman for so may years, and I'm used to him jumping up and leaving at all hours. It's going to take some adjustment to get used to having my boy do the same. I worry about what he'll see and go through.

I actually think I've browsed through your blog before...I remember your beautiful daughter. She looks as though she's a very happy little girl!

Thanks again for stopping by.

Lori said...

The minis are a great idea! I still have to START Elliot's...he's 5!
A winter project for me!

Michele said...

I love this idea! Can you tell me if you bought it like this or did you have it binded?