Tuesday, August 19, 2008

All That Glitters . . .

is not old . . . enough!



How did I miss that little girls now wear makeup?? Maybe I've always been out of the glamorous loop. Perhaps the fact that I didn't start wearing makeup until Alex was 2 is tell-tale to my lack of beauty savoir-faire. But I had no idea that first graders were hip to maybelline, etc. And no idea that girl's clothing stores offered free makeovers on weekends. It was arranged that Kate would get to go with her friend Bailey to one such "event". Kate was thrilled. I was apprehensive? And a wee bit scared (for Bailey's Mom who was taking the two friends).

Fortunately the makeup and hair adornement was low key. Although, and you can't really tell in the photo, they only shadowed-up one of her eyes. Is this yet another trend that I have missed the boat on??

4 comments:

Daniel N Myers said...

Must be all our fault. We forced you to lead a sheltered life and not be exposed to all of the "hip" things (do they still say that?) that other girls were into. Blame it on the parents: that always works.

Love,
Dad

stlmichelle said...

So cute! They look Fabulous.
Next time you should go too. They do Mom/Daughter makeovers that are really something else.

Chelsea Gour said...

Oh, look at little Kate! She can't grow up yet! She looks like she is doing so great. I hope you guys had a wonderful summer!

Lots of love,
Chelsea

Lori said...

So sweet and how fun for them! With or without, they're both beautiful!