Monday, August 13, 2007

Sixth Grade-Yikes!!


WOW! Can't believe that we're starting 6th grade! Today was Alex' first day at Exploris Middle School. It's a charter school with a very grassroots feel and an emphsis on global education and awareness. It is in the heart of downtown Raleigh, just a few blocks from the state capitol. He's been chomping at the bit since Janurary when he found out that he had been accepted. Enrollment was based on a lottery system with a little over 250 students vying for 54 spots.

I took the camera when I went to pick him up this afternoon, but didn't have the heart to start snapping pics a la kindergarten parent. I did take a picture of the giant acorn(Raleigh is the oak city; I think it's because we have a lot of oak trees?) in Moore Square, which is where the school is located.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations on him being accepted! Wow, 6th grade! Exciting!

Unknown said...

I am contemplating about Exploris middle for my son next year. Since your son goes to this school, could you share your experience and the rationale behind chosing this school? You could copy me on my email: nakking@gmail.com

Thanks
Akkina